Tuesday, September 29, 2009
When I saw this blog post over my new friend Terri's site, I knew I had to join in over here.
These are my fabrics so far. I still need two more fabrics. I'm gonna finish up Let's Make a Quilt first, so don't worry about that.
I just had to share the yumminess with you.
I can't wait!
By the way, can anyone tell me the difference between aqua and turquoise?:)
Monday, September 28, 2009
I happen to think handmade gifts are the best. :)
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Remember when I bought this Cinderella costume at GW for $3.99? It turned out to fit Ava wonderfully. All the girls invited dressed up for the tea party.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
And since they turned out pretty cute, I thought you might want to make some. But you have to promise me that you'll show me yours if you make any:)
I'm participating in Kimba's DIY this week. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!:)
- My quilt is far from perfect. None of my squares really match up evenly. My girlfriend told me what I did wrong. I pressed all my seams the same way. Apparently you need to alternate pressing rows. For example, the seams on the first row should be pressed to the right. The next row should be pressed to the left. And so on. Lesson learned!
- Even though I'm showing you how to quilt today, I'm not done with mine. Nope.
- This might be the last quilt I "quilt". I think I'll stick to the fun part, which is making the quilt tops. Next time I think I'll send it out to a professional. I'm glad I'm doing it, but it's a lot of work!
Okay, so let's baste the quilt!1. Make sure your floor is clean and lay your back fabric down. You want it nice and tight, but not stretched tight. Use duct tape to tape it down.
2. Lay your batting down. I used a pre-packaged queen size batting. Starting in the center, smooth it out working toward the edges. It will still look wrinkly and puckered, but that's okay.
6. Using a straight edge and a chalk marking pencil, I drew straight lines all the way around the border. (Be sure to use water to remove the marks before any pressing!)
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
(Don't forget, all sale items include free shipping!)
#2. Set of four Christmas cards
#8. Red Wine or White Wine
Tell me which one you want. Measures 12" high. Wine glasses are cut out of wood and are three dimensional.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Leave me a comment if you would like me to reserve any items for you.
#4. God is Great(white frame)
One of our favorite meal time blessings, this would be perfect in a kitchen or dining area.The 4 x 4" print comes in a white wooden frame.The original is a mixed-media painting that has been digitally enhanced. Printed onto Kodak Professional Portrait Endura paper.
#5. God is Great (black frame)
One of our favorite meal time blessings, this would be perfect in a kitchen or dining area.The 4 x 4" print comes in a black wooden frame.The original is a mixed-media painting that has been digitally enhanced. Printed onto Kodak Professional Portrait Endura paper.