PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 9, 2009

Cupcake tutorial

Has anyone checked out the dollar section at Michael's lately? I picked up all of Ava's 3rd birthday supplies there for $1 each. Paper plates, napkins, balloons, a tablecloth, invitations, etc. I spent $8 all together...and it's so cute. It's a cupcake party, and all the supplies have cupcakes on them.

I wanted to make her a special birthday dress for her birthday party. I did a quick tutorial if you are interested. I bought the dress at Target for $6 and had the extra material on hand.









Her birthday isn't until April but I try to get things done a little early.
Next on my list is a new dance bag for her using the same method. I'll be sure to show it to you when I'm done!
xo,
Chrissie

9 comments:

A Little Of A Lot said...

How funny, I just got done taking pics of kitchen towels I appliqued w/ cupcakes. Great minds ;-)
Love her dress and I'm sure she will too.

Judy Hartman said...

So cute!!
Chrissie, if you check out my blog, there is a link to yours and something there for you. :~)

lori vliegen said...

such a cute, cute dress!! and, yes...i LOVE the dollar section at michaels!! it's the best place in the entire store! :)

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

It's adorable. I wish I had a little girl. God blessed me with 2 gorgeous little boys instead...

sara said...

Love the cupcake dress!!!

sara said...

Love the cupcake dress!!!

ko said...

u r a woman after my own heart with that cupcake dress......how adorable!!!! you are so good!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

simply adorable!

Chris said...

This was so cute!! I'm tackling an ice cream cone, but now I have to add cupcake to my list! Love it!