Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day! We've kind of had a Valentines Week around here, between classroom parties and card-making, love is in the air!:)
Fresh flowers are always appropriate...
I thought of this centerpiece at the very last minute. I just filled this glass vase with large sweethearts and put a small candle on top. I wish I had thought of it earlier!
I made my family a sweet dinner last night. Thai ribs, homemade mac n cheese, and steamed broccoli. It went over very well. The ribs are absolutely delicious.
Thai-Style Ribs
3 1/2 lbs of pork baby back ribs, racks cut in half
1 can of frozen organe-pineapple frozen juice concentrate (thawed)
3/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c creamy peanut butter
1/4 c minced fresh cilantro
2 tbls minced fresh ginger
1 pressed garlic clove
2 tsp sugar
  • Place ribs in a large shallow dish or zip-top freezer bag
  • Combine juice concentrate and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl with a wire whisk. Reserve 3/4 c mixture in refrigerator for dipping. Pour remaining mixture evenly over ribs; cover and seal. Chill for 8 hours
  • Remove ribs from marinade, discarding marinade. Place 1 rack of ribs on the bottom of your slow cooker, stand remaining ribs around the edge of slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 hours.
  • Heat reserved sauce and serve with ribs.
  • (My husband ended putting them on the grill for a little while after they were done.)


Of course, Valentine Day cupcakes for dessert.

We went to church this morning and this afternoon we are surprising the kids with a trip to play putt-putt. I'm excited!

I hope your day is full of fun and love. Happy Valentines Day!

xo, Chrissie