PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What a week...Lots of WIP's

What a week!
With some minor health issues for the kids now resolved, I've got quite a few projects that are all considered works in progress. That is how I work...always have. When I get an idea I feel like I have to start it, (I think I'm afraid if I don't bring it to fruition I'll lose the idea!), so I usually have at least a couple going on at once.
Not pictured are quite a few Valentines Day projects with and for the kids, but I'll be sure to show them to you soon!
This is a mosaic for my beloved aunt. I have been working on this one forever, but I'm getting close to grouting it. I can't wait to show you the finished project.

I finally started Logan's quilt. He asked for black and white prints, and I threw the yellow in the mix so it wouldn't look to jumbly. I'm hoping it will turn out more gender neutral. I didn't realize it would start looking so feminine, but he says he likes it. I'm planning on binding it in a solid red...
The whole Kindergarden is celebrating one hundred days of school tomorrow, so I've been helping Ashton with this project all week. I think it's a very early lesson in learning how to break up projects so you don't wait until the last minute. He had a lot of fun scavenging through my paper collection.
Week two for this quilt was cutting the fabrics. Since the picture I've also cut the white fabrics and I can't wait until Monday to piece the top together. I'm loving the fabric combination.
Last but not least, a pretty big three-panel painting I've been working on since January for our living room. It is very colorful, full of glitter, painted and collaged, and very child-like. I'm totally working off all of the kids input and it's really fun.

I hope your creative juices are flowing too. The sun finally came out today and we've had beautiful weather. We've got a weekend full of track meets, baseball practice, and church activities. It should be a good one!:)

See you on Monday!

xo, Chrissie

5 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Beautiful quilts, love your son's 100 days project. Can't wait to see more!

Beth said...

loving the quilts!

Ruth said...

Wow! You have been busy. Such great projects!!
I love all your quilts.
Ruth

Gifts of Creation said...

Wow your creative juices certainly are flowing!! Very nice work!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Busy, busy, busy! That 100 days project looks fun!