PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 8, 2010

Christmas Present #1

I made my first Christmas gift (for my 2 year old) this weekend.  Before you start thinking I'm totally OCD, let me clarify that I have a HUGE work deadline on December 19th, as well as about 15 custom orders to make for Christmas.  So I am a little early on Christmas stuff this year, but for good reason!  :)
Anyhoo, I saw the idea to make these here.  My hardware store didn't carry MDF, so I used 1/4" plywood.  Bad idea.  If you make them, please search for the MDF.  My wood split and I ended up spending a whole day sanding them down.
Also, I used blue painters tape to get the perfect lines down the middle.
I had them out in the garage drying today after I sealed them this morning.  I forgot about them, and when I went out to get them, my 4 and 6 year old were happily playing with them.  Oops!  I put them away and explained to them that they were for Little Bit.  At least now I know for sure that they will be enjoyed!
My cuts aren't perfect, but I'm okay with that.  If time permits, I will make another batch of them.  If three of them will be playing with them at the same time, they will need more than the 40 I made.
*******************************************************************************
I received an early Christmas gift here today.  I highly recommend checking this site out. 
I'll be traveling for a few days, but I'll be back soon.  Have a wonderful week friends!

5 comments:

sara said...

I love this idea- and you are not too early, in my opinion. I am getting started- December gets crazy, and I want to enjoy it.

Unknown said...

wow! this is great! i wanta do this...for myself. i think i could spend hours making patterns.

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

chrissie, this is so cool! what a great idea. i need to make a set for my almost 2 year old. she would love it!

Appleshoe said...

This is a wonderful idea! I was looking for another gift idea to make my niece for Christmas along with her new quiet-time blanket. Thank you and take care.

Karen Wallace said...

Love these. Warmly, Karen