PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Monday!

We put up our tree this weekend.  Friday, to be exact.  My husband calls it a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, but I happen to love it.  I bought it on sale at Lowe's a couple of years ago, and it's filled with all the handmade ornaments from our kids and the special ones they get to choose each year.  It's a humble tree and perfect for our family.  :)
So when I went to snap a picture of it (sorry for the blurry photos but there is no natural light in this room), and I remembered that I totally changed this room and never showed photos.  It used to look like this.
I moved all the other furniture into my family room and bought the new black couch on sale.  It's very modern and sleek, and I was surprised that this was the one I chose!  But it's sleek, it's got clean lines, and it's leather.  I love it.
Next to it is a vintage quilt holder.  I don't know what it's original use was, but I bought it at an antique store just to store some of my quilts on.
Here you can see part of my globe collection.  I love books and would have a lot more if I had the room, but for now I limit myself to what fits on this shelf.
I love this wall.  Family photos and art...nothing gets better than that :)
If you stand at the other end of the room, this is the view:
My kitchenette and pool patio.
I'm linking up today to Heather's Life Made Lovely Monday.
Thanks for taking the time to look :)
xo,
Chrissie

6 comments:

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

it looks lovely chrissie! i love the way the black clean lines of the sofa make the colors of your art and vintage finds pop!

sara said...

It all looks great! I love the quilts piled up- beautiful.

I got the book! LOVE it!!! Thanks so much.

Gifts of Creation said...

Very sweet and simple! I love it.

Arya said...

I just adore your photo collage & your new couch just fits right into your livingroom decor...love it!!!

amy said...

What a fun room. I enjoyed "peeking". Thanks.

Appleshoe said...

Your home looks so lovely and your tree is beautiful. You should tell your husband about my parent’s tree. The branches are held together with duct tape and wire hangers, and then the whole thing is held up right with a rope tied to the wall. Charlie Brown indeed, yours is lovely. :) Take care.