PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3- Gratitude

Almost two years ago my husband and I were introduced to Dave Ramsey.  Today, as we are facing a car repair costing a little over $2000, I am super grateful that we have been following the program.



We have made a lot of sacrifices over the last two years.  We started out with $30,000 in debt.  We are now down to $8000.  (Not including our mortgage.)  Two years ago we didn't have any savings.  Now we are working on 9 months worth of savings.  Today's car bill will set us back, but at least we didn't have to put it on a credit card!  Praise God!

I know a lot of you have lost your jobs.  I know a lot of people have a lot more debt, either out of necessity or by making poor financial decisions.  Financial security has been important to me.  Please don't think I'm bragging about this...I still struggle with it all the time.  I still have all the "I wants"...I want a bigger house, new jeans, expensive fabrics, etc...I try to keep the bigger picture in mind:  what if my husband lost his job?  We have college expenses and a retirement to save for.  Thankfully we don't have to worry about putting food on the table, but I know that day could come and I hope to be prepared for it.

If you are struggling, please know that I am praying for you:)  I know the economy sucks right now.  In our case, following the Dave Ramsey plan has given me some peace of mind.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.  I am hoping for some time to craft and quilt and work on some homemade Christmas presents.  It is actually cold here in Florida and it's starting to feel like Christmas :)
xo,
Chrissie


5 comments:

Createology said...

Congratulations to you and your family. Your hard work will be so worth it as you continue to be frugal. Material things and money are not the end all be all of life. Family and friends and making happy memories are so much more rewarding. Congratulations and enjoy your weekend...

Unknown said...

It was good to read your post. I was also in financial trouble a few years ago and decided to stop the must have and start asking myself do I really need this or just want it. I cut up all credit cards and started a plan and today I am debt free and living a simpler life but have all that I need and sometimes even things I want. These harsh times may seem like the end of the world but they could just be the beginning of something better.
Take care, keep safe and be happy.
Beverley xx

Gifts of Creation said...

Wow thanks for sharing your testimony about money. My husband did lose his job and I thought we would never make it if that happened but we are! With God's help, we have cut spending and are working very hard. I work more hours, we clean the house and cook all the food ourselves(no eating out)
and it's amazing the money you save.
We are still tithing and God is blessing us unbelievably. My husband is going back to school for computer networking.

Bold In The Soul said...

I too am grateful for Dave Ramsey on this day but just so I don't actually copy you my twist on it is I am actually grateful for YOU for sharing the Dave Ramsey plan with us! :)

A Little Of A Lot said...

Did you feel like his book really helped get you back on track ?
Due to my Dh losing 2 jobs, bad renters, 2 houses being on the market for 2 years and 3 years respectively and then finally having to foreclose on one of them this past February we are in a world of hurt, we are gradually crawling out from under it, we don't use CC's my Etsy pays for all B'days, kids clothing needs, parties, Christmas etc. I don't feel that we can do anymore than what we are doing already . Maybe I should see if the library carries this book and go check it out