PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Scrapbooking 101

I consider myself to be pretty well rounded when it comes to different types of arts and crafts.  But there are two in particular that I have trouble with.  The first is any sort of flower arrangements.  The second is scrapbooking.
I don't know what it is but I feel like my pages are always a little awkward.  I made a few for Logan when he was a baby and then went straight to photo albums.  A couple of years ago I started making the kids digital albums from shutterfly.

All of my kids really enjoy looking through their albums.  After Ava saw the few that I had made for Logan, she told me she really wanted one like his.  So I've decided for her next birthday I will make her a scrapbook album celebrating her fourth year.

This is the first page.  I'm not totally in love with it.  Like I said, it feels a little awkward to me.  But...I think she'll like it and that's what's really important to me.

So, I went to Michaels this morning to get some more scrapbooking supplies.
Wow, talk about overwhelming!  There are soooooooo many scrapbooking supplies.  Stickers, and paper, kits and stamps, embellishments, accessories...rows and rows of it.  I went in to get supplies for three 2 page layouts and spent $20.  Scrapbooking supplies are expensive!

Are any of you scrapbookers?  Can you recommend a good site for page layouts?  I want this to be a very special gift for her.

Happy Hump Day!
xo,
Chrissie

Oh, and I when I'm done with this, I plan on trying Sarah's method.  These look awesome and very do-able!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I do all digital scrapbooking. You might like this.

http://www.owltreestudio.com/store/joey-lynn-designs/perfect-moments-quick-book

It's shutterfly ready. Just add photos. I'm doing one for my niece.