PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tutorial for Kids Valentine Day Project

This is a great project to do with kids.  I'll admit, I really wanted to take over and make it more, um,  perfect, but I let them them do most of the work.  It would be really cute to do yourself too, if you want it to look more perfect :)
 You can get all of your supplies at the dollar store.  A $1 wreath, and a bag of candy hearts.  You'll also need some white material or muslin, scissors, and a hot glue gun.
 Aren't the colors pretty? 
 Start by cutting strips of white material.  Use hot glue and keep wrapping it around the styrofoam wreath.  Use your hot glue gun to secure it every other wrap.
 While you're handling the hot glue, allow two of your kids and three of the neighborhood kids to join in.  Have them sort all of the hearts by color. 
 Here is the wreath completely wrapped.
 Let the children tell you where they want the hearts.  The ones I had weren't old enough to use the hot glue gun, but some older kids would love this.
 I hung it with another strip of the white fabric.  By the time we finished the front, the kids were done.  If I was doing it myself, I would have covered the outside and the inside of the wreath as well.
 Now let them share if there is any left over.
If you decide to make one let me know.  I'd love to see some other versions!  :)
xo,
Chrissie

I'm linking up to Today's Creative Blog

2 comments:

SZM said...

That is so cute! What a great idea :)

Laurie J said...

what fun! I did one at Christmastime made of gumdrops :)