PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Things that made me smile this weekend...

I had a lot of fun painting my Sunday Scripture for the week over the weekend.  It's the colors.  It makes me want to run all over my house and spray paint everything a different color. 
The colors make me so happy!

(11 x 14 available here, 8 x 10 available here)
**********************************************************************************

We are celebrating two Grandpa's birthdays this week...
One who is here on earth with us,
one who is in Heaven looking down on us.
It is important to me that we celebrate both of our grandpa's!


Ava says there are definitely cupcakes in Heaven :)
*******************************************************************************************



There is a newish Goodwill near Ava's dance studio.  We usually run in about once or twice a month.  I scored on Friday.  This vintage Fisher Price house was just sitting there waiting for us...Do any of you remember having this?  It is in perfect shape...so clean.  It says it was made in 1969, made in the USA...sigh...
I happily paid $3.99 for it.


The little girl peeking through the door is my favorite!


I hope one day to find some vintage little people.  I've never been willing to pay an ebay price.  I'm hoping one day I'll just find some at a thrift store or garage sale.


Oh, and I found this little treasure too.
Hand embroidered and the back is signed 1982?
I spray painted the frame yellow.
It is like a little pop of sunshine!
I'm collecting little pieces for a vignette that I'll show you as soon as it's done.


Nesting makes me happy.
Creating makes me happy.
Celebrating makes me happy.
:)

7 comments:

knit one, knit two said...

I found little people at a flea market a few years ago. I didn't spend much for them. I still have my little people house (an a-frame) and a larger generic tin house. I can't wait till petunia's big enough to play with them.

April said...

I love that emroidered picture....Like I rEaLlY love it!!! What a find! Cant wait to see where you put it! xoxo

Artsy Matilda said...

L.O.V.E. the scripture painting. I'm with you - colors make me happy! Beautiful! xoxo

Rachael said...

I love your scripture art.

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

LOVE the painting... and am TOTALLY jealous about the Fisher Price house... I LOVE vintage F.P.

~C~ said...

I had one of those houses, I LOVED it. Wow, that brought back memories.

{cuppakim} said...

Love this. I had that playhouse when I was little and I LOVED it. How fun that your little ones will have one too!