PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mirror Commission

I wanted to share with you a project I've been working on.  I was commissioned to make this mosaic mirror for a girl who is turning 12.  The family belongs to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  When girls turn 12 in the church they graduate from primary (junior sunday school) and enter the young women personal progress program. They spend the next 6 years learning, goal setting and serving others in an effort to develop 8 core values:  faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrity, and virtue.  The mirror will be a gift to her as she enters this phase of her life.
                       







Sorry about the so-so photos, it is so hard to photograph mirrors! 

I think this is an amazing program, and I was so honored to create this gift for her!
*******************************************************************************

I made one for her older sister a few years ago.  This is what hers looked like:


We don't have a program like this at our church, but I am so inspired by it.  What a beautiful way for a young girl to enter her womanhood.

Have a blessed Tuesday!
xo,
Chrissie

7 comments:

Danielle Landy said...

i agree! would make a great gift for any young girls too to have in their room!
and i'm loving those notepads!

Candice @ Made With Love said...

Wow- the mirrors are gorgeous! What lucky young ladies!!

sarah said...

wow these are so beautiful!!

Laura said...

the mirrors are beautiful.

Jill said...

Wow, those mirrors are so positive. I wish that I had those messages said to me at such an age, you know? I want one now, for my 32 year old phase of life! They are beautiful=)

Laurie Linn said...

The mirrors are beautiful. They will make a great and positive addition to this young girls room. Nice work!

Createology said...

Your mirrors are enchanting. How wonderful that you are able to create such an heirloom piece for each of two sisters. Beautiful...