PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Challenge

My living room is in a sad state of affairs.
It needs some LIFE!!
Some color, some comfort, some whimsy...
Do you think I can do it in a week?  I'm challenging myself...


I know most of  the time the kids will end up throwing them all on the floor, but I need an excuse to cut up some of my favorite fabrics and make some comfy pillows!

Ummm...wow, is all I can say.  The good news is that I have all the curtain sets, ready to be sewn on and embellished.  I just need to find cafe rods?  The sizes are super wierd...

Ouch.    So dreary...and yes, I need to dust.

 Do you like our mosquito repellent device?  Me neither...

Some points of inspiration for me...
I love all of this hand-painted furniture by Dori, from Dreaming Bear Designs
I'd love to recreate my own version inspired by her work on the little turquoise table.





My budget?  $40, and anything that I already have.  Wish me luck!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Creatively Content said...

Grace to you!! I look forward to seeing what you get done. Make it whimsy make it fun.
~

Artsy Matilda said...

I LOVE the painted furniture by Dori! That table will be adorable when you finish with it. Have you tried chalk paint? It isn't inexpensive, but it is AMAZING for furniture! Good luck, Chrissie! It will be incredible, as always. And what takes one week for you takes several months for me!
xoxo

Isabel said...

You can do it!!!! Cant wait to see the results:O)

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i can't wait to see what you create.
it's going to be awesome!!!!!

Danielle Landy said...

extra paint lying around? PAINT THOSE WALLS!
and i think distressing and adding a coat of paint to TV stand would look great and i'm sure there could be a way to get a hold of cheap pillows

good luck!
i bet it will look great however you do it!

Ruth said...

I am looking forward to your updates. I have my living room on the need a makeover list. I need new window treatments, color and pretty pillows, too.

Ruth

Trish said...

I can not wait to see what you'll come up with!! Love the painted furniture!