PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 19, 2009

Make Some Art Monday

I had an idea last night.
Don't say uh-oh...:)
Will you join me?
Every Monday let's come here and link up. We'll show each other something we made during the week.
A painting or drawing?
A mixed-media piece?
A mosaic?
Something you've sewn?
A holiday craft?
Just create Something!

I know a lot of you are artists by trade. You sell your pieces on Etsy or your web site. Some of you want to sell your pieces but don't know if they are ready. And some of you just want to play, have fun, and create things for your house or as gifts. Everyone is welcome! This is meant to be an encouraging place to come and share!

There are only two rules.
1. No copying! Unless of course someone says it's okay, or shares a tutorial.
Inspiration is great, copying is not. If you are inspired by someone's style, please give them credit. But please do not directly re-create someone else's work.
2. Positive comments only. Some of you will be looking for constructive criticism, which I think is wonderful. But please don't go and bash anyone. I don't know any of you that would do that, but I have to say it.

Every week I will give you a guided "theme". If you make something else, that's great. Please still share! But some of you may want a little guidance. This week let's find one of our favorite quotes. It could be something you made up, some scripture, a famous quote that inspires you. Paint it, collage it, experiment with different types of writing...the sky is the limit. I cannot wait to see what you come up with.

Take some time for yourself this week to create something! Will you come and link up next week?

10 comments:

Beth said...

i love this idea! can't wait!

the undomesticated wife said...

This is a great idea!

Jill said...

What a great idea!!! actually an answer to prayer! I needed a little push to get "back in the saddle" again after all that has happened!
Thank you my friend!!!
Have a great week!!!
Blessings!
Jill

Heidi said...

Sounds like a great idea!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

I'm in!

A Little Of A Lot said...

Oh, oh, oh, I'm totally playing.What an awesome idea. Thanks Chrissie.
Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with ;-)

Sara said...

great idea! I'm in!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe I want to try this! I'm not an artist but this sounds like fun! Love,Mom

Ruth said...

I can't wait. What a fun idea!!

Ruth

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

i;m not an artist either but I love quotes of any kind on anything,, so i'll give it a try too!