PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 8, 2010

Finished Quilt

I finished the binding and washed the quilt. It is full of imperfections but when I got it out of the dryer it was oh so crinkly that I forgot about all the little mistakes I made. I do love it, so I'm keeping this one for myself.
Here is the front... (sorry for the sun splotched photo)
and here is the back. I pieced it together to use scraps and I ended up liking it a lot.
I machine quilted it at home using a free form loop de loop. It is totally wonky and I love it. However, I was having tension problems and so there are a few spots on the back where the thread is loose.:( But like I've said before, there is no better way to learn than to just keep trying!

Here is a sneak peek at our bedroom with the new quilt on the end of the bed.. I've been doing lots of spring cleaning, painting, and repurposing. When I get a few more things finished, I'll show you the whole room.
Happy Monday!:)
xo,
Chrissie

11 comments:

Mary said...

Chrissie, it is beautiful. I can imagine the wonderful feeling of accomplishment you are feeling! I pieced a quilt together a long, long time ago. I had someone else machine quilt it since I do not sew. I have no idea where it is now!! Bummer!!

It looks great on your bed, and I love the turquoise shelf above it.

Have a great day!!

Diva Kreszl said...

love it! the colors are beautiful!

Kim's Treasures said...

I love the colors and your honesty! I love trying to quilt...I have yet to finish one...I need to get one out and finish it!

Michele said...

It turned out so lovely! The quilting looks great and I love all the fabrics you used. It looks so pretty in your room.

The Football Wife said...

You are so talented! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful crinkly looking quilt. It looks wonderful on your bed and ties in with the shelf so well. Great job!

Apple said...

Awesome quilt!! :)

Blessed said...

Absolutely delicious quilt. Well done!

Kimberly Roberts said...

this is a beautiful quilt!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Ruth said...

I love that quilt. I need to take some time and just give one a try. I have been such a chicken about it. I also need to really learn how to use my machine with all it's bells and whistles. It intimidates me. LOL

Ruth