PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 15, 2010

This and That...randomness

Did y'all have a nice weekend? The time change always messes me up for a couple of days, but I love the longer days. Spring is definitely in the air.
I am cranking out some spring items...and I'm having so much fun! I will be adding some items to my etsy shop in the next few days. Here is a little preview of something in progress...
Grandpa took this picture for me one day when he was watching the littles. Doesn't every kid love to wear Funderwear on their head? It's hilarious for them...
I made this coffee cup a few weeks ago at one of those pottery places. I want to go back and make more.
Did I tell you how happy we are to have Henry in our family? :)
This post is getting even more random...I just love this art piece. It hangs in our bathroom hall. I traded it out a few years ago at an art show. It's not signed and I can't remember the artists name!
Yesterday would have been my Dad's 63rd birthday. Last night right before our family reading time, I put in a DVD that was played at my Dad's funeral. It is a slide show of his life...photos from him as a baby and child, family life, him with friends, etc. I thought I was going to be strong, but by the end I was sobbing. My children rarely see my cry, but it was nice to have them comfort me. I think it is important to let our children see us sad sometimes, and to be able to talk with them about missing our loved ones. We talked about the glory of Heaven, and how one day we will all see him again.
It is a new day, the sun is shining...and did you know, You are Deeply Loved? :)
In His Grace,
Chrissie

8 comments:

sara said...

Love that first flower! :)

Mary said...

Chrissie I loved this post! You sharing bits and pieces of your life.
It's fun to get to know the people behind the blogs.

I love that art piece about skipping church!! Too fun!!

And love what springing from you with Spring right around the corner. Isn't it fun to paint those mugs? Yes, do more, it's great!!

mommy2luke2008 said...

I love that picture!!! Actually, I loved this whole post!!

Adrienne said...

i love longer days too. very cute coffee cup :)

Heidi said...

That picture of your little one with the underwear on his head had me smilin'!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Chrissie- I ADORE your sweet flower! And that mug is toooo precious! Of course, your little cutie is even more precious!:) Lori

Ruth said...

Love the flower. Your coffee mug is precious. Your little one looks too cute with the underwear on his head. What a precious art piece, too.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your random thoughts, we all do that sometimes. The mug is great and I loved the picture of the your little one with panties on their head. Thats one to save for the senior high school yearbook! Hugs to you for your dad.