PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A New Corner of Our Home...One

Instead of striving for a "perfect" house, I'm embracing the "we have four small children" house. Celebrating that fact and trying to curb some of the decor to make it slightly more kid-friendly while still trying to eliminate clutter.
I thought I would show you some of the corners I've been working on...Here's the first one.


My budget for this small project was...$0! I had all the frames stored and a lot of them were different colors. I spray painted them all black so they would all be unified.


I wanted a variety of the kids at mostly recent stages so I just printed them on watercolor paper using my printer at home. I can update them easily.
I centered all the photos around our family name plaque, which has been in several different places around my house.
A few of my favorite...
this silhouette was made at Walt Disney World in 1981. It is me, my brother, and mother.
Remember I told you of my new favorite color combo? I forgot that I had this piece. I bought it from this etsy shop about three years ago.
There's not a lot of room for much on the piano without it looking too cluttery, so I settled for some fresh roses and a spring themed item. This is a good excuse for me to splurge on fresh flowers for myself on a regular basis:)
Thanks for looking. I'll be back with more soon!
xo,
Chrissie
Oh, just in case you were wondering, I used the brown paper method for hanging the frames. I traced them all on brown paper, cut them out, and taped them all over the wall and moved them around until I liked the arrangment. Then I actually hung the frames.
Also, check out Kimm's Trash to Treasure party today for other frugal decorating ideas!

8 comments:

Annette Q said...

Such a beautiful corner! Thanks for sharing the brown paper method, hadnt heard of it before. I've recently moved and I was thinking about having a wall like this.. it looks great! :-)

BahamaDawn said...

great pictures...thanks for sharing!
i like how you used frames you had and spray painted them black to match!

Unknown said...

I love what you did!

I think my favorite part of the arrangement is the picture of the little kiddo with the fake mustache... At least I hope it's fake!

:)

Mary said...

This looks wonderful! Painting the frames all one color really does the trick.

I recently saw in a magazine a hallway filled with framed pictures. The frames were all painted red! It worked!

Rhonda said...

looks great!

I am tired of my walls and need to do something different, why don't you come over and do the same thing at my house too?
:)

Jen said...

I love the pictures! They look great. Love the idea of how you printed them on watercolor paper, that is a great idea!

Megan Gunyan said...

I love it! And the cost is right up my alley! I have a "wall of black frames" as well. I love the look of huge, chunky, black frames. They look so great!

Love if you could stop by my blog for a fun give away! Ends tonight at midnight! Have a great night...alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oooohhhh....i appreciate the little peaks around your home. you know, just in case i might be making something for it...........