PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 27, 2010

A lovely Monday, indeed.

Monday is my "free day".  Everyone is at school, even Little Bit, who goes for a four hour pre-school on Mondays. 
When I got home from dropping everyone off, I needed to do laundry.  The breakfast dishes were stacked up and everything needed tidying from the weekend.   But... I decided to quilt instead.

I've been working on these blocks off and on all summer.  You know how it is, 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there.  I finally had all the blocks made and it was time to put them together.
I used this pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew.  It's for my favorite niece's birthday present and I'm hoping she loves it, despite the imperfections.  I never do get them perfect!
I still need to quilt it.  I'm thinking of a loopy quilt like the one I did here.
Sometimes it's necessary to put the chores aside and just create!


I'm linking up to Heather's Life Made Lovely Series.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jennwith4 said...

Love the quilt. I'm all for putting aside chores for sewing!

Ruth said...

What a special gift for your niece. I have never been brave enough to attempt a quilt. Reading about your experiences with quilting is inspiring. I think once this kitchen is completed I am going to give it a try.

Ruth

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i would have done the exact same thing. the laundry can be done while the kids run about, but time to sit and sew cannot. i love the fabric that you've combined together. very lovely :)

A Little Of A Lot said...

Very pretty.
I've put chores aside for the last 2 days to sew :) Sometimes you just have to look after Mama, you know :)