PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Green Chile-Stuffed Chicken

Okay, I need some practice photographing food! It may not look all that appetizing, but trust me, it's yummy!
If you're anything like me, new (and easy) recipes are sorely needed around here. I get tired of making (and eating) the same old thing.
Here's one of my favorite crock pot recipes, served with green beans and applesauce.
Green Chile-Stuffed Chicken
  • 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves, pounded thin
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 3/4 cups shredded cheese
  • 4 oz. green chiles
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 c hot enchilada sauce

Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, chiles, chili powder and salt and pepper. Place a generous dollop on each flattened chicken breast, then roll up. Place chicken rolls in the slow cooker, seam-side down. Top chicken breast rolls with remaining cheese mixture, soup, and enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.

Go to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for lots of other new recipes! ...and come back tomorrow. I'll be showing you what I've been making with burlap!:)

5 comments:

Southern Fried Gal said...

Yum! You had me a green chile - ha! I just posted a green chile recipe today as well. I definitely need help in the food photo area as well - yours is MUCH better than mine and I love the chalkboard with the item on it - too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Smelling Coffee said...

This sounds deilcious - and easy! I use my slow cooker all the time, and you're right... I'm tired of the same old recipes! We'll definitely give this one a try! Blessings to you...
Jennifer

Ruth said...

I'm so sad I missed your big sale. You have so many wonderful pieces. I will be back.
Ruth

Adrienne said...

yum Chrissie! i notice burlap is all the rage right now... can't wait to see what you create with it.

Nicole Feliciano said...

I know you love cooking and I thought you might like to share one of your successes with Momtrends reader. Here is my link for Friday Feasts:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/05/friday-feasts_29.html

I hope you’ll stop by with a recipe, cooking tip or menu suggestion. Have a great weekend.