PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Q and A

When I asked you the other day if you had any questions for me, I think maybe I was being a little pretentious. I wasn't sure if I was embarrassed or amused that nobody left any!:) I decided that it was a good lesson in humility. I'm still going to answer some repeat questions I've received in the past couple of weeks though.
Q: What exactly are the cloth pads you've been talking about?
A: Cloth pads are for your period and are made out of flannel. I got the pattern from Amanda Soule's book, Handmade Home. I actually used a layer of towel in them as well. You launder them just like you would cloth diapers.
I would have to say they are not for everyone, but I find them extremely comfortable and they are much better for the environment.
Q: Can you give me any advice on blog designing?
A: I wish I could, but I really know nothing about it. The Design Girl did my custom blog design for me, and I think she did a great job. She used digital scrapbooking images along with a couple pieces of my original artwork to create my header and blog button.
Q: I saw these on your photo blog. What are they?
I made these on Sunday for our Superbowl Party. They are chocolate rice krispy treats shaped like footballs and decorated with white icing. They were so easy and tooooo good!


Q: What kind of sewing machine do you use?
A: I own a Janome Memory Craft 9500. I do like my machine, but I also wish I had done a lot more research before I bought it. This is an expensive machine that really has a lot of bells and whistles for embroidery. I'm not even into machine embroidery, so I never use that part. I've had it for almost five years now, and I am very comfortable with it. Someday I hope to sell or trade it for a machine that is more of a quilters sewing machine.

Now, I have a question for you guys. I want to make a seat cushion for my piano seat. The problem is that it has hinges to store sheet music in. Does anyone know of a good tutorial for making seat cushions from scratch?
I figured if anyone knew, it would be one of you:)

Happy Wednesday Friends!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry, don't have a seat cushion pattern, but think your football treats are cute! I have heard/read about cloth pads...have never tried them...it's nice to hear that you like them, I often think of more that I could do for the environment, but am not sure I am that brave. :)

Beth said...

i have seen those types of pads at our local cloth diaper store, "cotton babies". i have to admit...i've been quite curious & intrigued.