PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Featured Artist:Heather from Audrey Eclectic

Aren't these bookmarks lovely? I love the artwork combined with the tattered lace and velvet strips.

They are made from today Featured Artist, Heather from Audrey Eclectic. Heather's work is so romantic. Her layered collages are my favorite! I was so pleased to have Heather's work featured in Sharing Stitches. Her style is so uniquely different. Learn more about her here in todays interview.

Hi Heather! Will you tell us a little bit about your art?
What kind of style do you consider it and what are your favorite mediums to work with?

I call my art 'mixed media folk art.' I love to do portraits with an old-timey vibe, but use modern techniques to create them. I usually work on canvas or wood and use various papers for my collage. Then I paint the portraits with acrylics.

Did you enjoy art as a child? When did you learn how to sew?

I've loved to draw since I was very little. I was ruining furniture with my drawings by the time I was 3 ;) sewing took much longer. I've only really learned to sew in the past few years, although I did take some home ec. classes in junior high (but promptly forgot everything they taught me!) With the help of my friend Holly Hall of Sweetheartville.com, I've learned to not fear my sewing machine

What inspires you?

History....old photos...stories....nature.....my home, in the middle of the prairie :) my family, faith, and being blessed with love.
Is there a part of the day that you enjoy creating the most? Tell us how a typical creative day may go for you.
I feel like I am much more focused and clearer in the mornings. Love the morning light too. I try my best to paint at night after my little one has gone to bed, but I find its best not to paint tired. That's when I make mistakes.

4 comments:

Tasha Horsley said...

wow! she is very talented and with a unique style. i'll check out her sites for srure! :)

hope you're having a wonderful week!

Heather said...

Thanks so much Chrissie! I am so thrilled to be a part of your book with other such amazing artists. Thanks for featuring me and my little creations!~ :)

Tasha Horsley said...

hi again chrissie! i just noticed your sidebar with your new book featured. congrats!

Between You and Me said...

thanks for stopping by...LOVE your blog...and can't believe that we live so close.

We'll have to eventually get all of us together for lunch in Winter Park!

There are several of us who live pretty close to one another!