PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, September 24, 2010

Speaking of Kids...

Since my focus at home has changed a bit, I'd thought I'd share some kid worthy links with you.  Here are some things I can't wait to try!




I also weeded through our collection of toys, throwing away the little plastic junk toys and donating the ones they have outgrown.  I've kind of got things down to a box of trains and cars, an area with dolls and accessories, wooden blocks and legos, their small collection of stuffed animals, books,  their art supplies, board games, and then one basket with odds and ends.  From now on, I'd like to avoid any plastic and most electronic things.  My goal is for them to forget the Wii and computer completely!  Right now they have a 30 minute limit for the day.

I wanted to expand their play time, so I purchased these two toys yesterday:


They were both good investments, although I wish now I had waited and bought a wooden marble run.
For Christmas I'd like to purchase a wooden tea set and a wooden Noah's ark.  Does anyone have any good suggestions on where I could get those?

My goal is to have toys available to them that help expand their imagination and be somewhat learning in a fun way.  Do you have any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't do my prayer flag tutorial this week.  I'll have one ready for next week, I promise! :)

5 comments:

Angela Nash said...

Looks like you're already set with most of what I would suggest: GOOD art supplies, wooden and also realistic hard plastic animals, wood building blocks. Something that the kids love when they have a chance to use them are MagnaTiles. Plastic, but a fabulous building toy. They make houses for their animals and little villages mixed in with the blocks.

Leanne E said...

The Amazing Labyrinth is an awesome game for kids. They need to insert puzzle type pieces into a maze to rebuild the pathway so they can collect their treasures. Great fun even into their teens, and the older kids can partner up to help the younger ones. Enjoy :)

Jennwith4 said...

I love those cardboard horses! And I'm gonna have to try out that puffy paint.

Appleshoe said...

Lovely. Can’t wait to make some of those horses, though I think I'll use balsa wood. As for a tea set KidKraft Prairie makes a rather cute wooden set. Take care.

Pure Ella said...

These are lovely.
I love the tree that you peel off.
My 3 year old just dabs paint all around - this would be great to create something more out of her pretty blobs of paint ;)