PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 20, 2012

What's up? (a long and random post:)

I had a moment of panic last week when I announced I was closing my etsy shop.
It has been a nice source of income this year and so I got a little nervous...
but I am obeying and trusting that the Lord has something else in store for me.

A few of you wrote to ask what I would be doing now.
Ha!   I don't have any big plans.  I am actually looking forward to simplifying my life again.
You know Lent starts on Wednesday and I am already in the mindset of new beginnings.
Cleaning out my house, my body, my spirit...


Speaking of cleaning out, I have done pretty well on my no-sugar committment. 
I am so much more aware of how sugar affects my moods, my energy, my work-outs.
I am still staying away from it all for the most part, but I allow myself a little treat every now and then.
For me, it's all about moderation.

*********************************************************************************

I found this on pinterest here.

I want it really big on one of my walls.
I don't know who created it, but I would love to paint one myself in a different color.
I spend a lot of time dreaming of a bigger house, a newer house, a house with land, or a house on the beach.  When all along we live in a lovely house that perfectly suits us.
God is so good and I need this as a daily reminder!

**************************************************************************************

Look what I found at Goodwill last week.
I've been searching for months...I've been wanting the set for so long.
Now I'm on the hunt for the rest of the series...

Does anyone else love Little House on the Prairie?

 *********************************************************************************

Working on a couple of custom Family Rules...
Aren't all the colors pretty?

 ********************************************************************************

I picked up this ink pad for the kids last week and showed them our Ed Emberley book.
They have really enjoyed it.
They especially like cutting paper up small and making little books.
I'm thinking this would be a great birthday gift for a kid party too...

 ********************************************************************************

I made curtains for our kitchen window.
They are sort of crooked and wonky but I think I love them anyway.
I got the material from IKEA and I meant to take a close-up...it's really cute.

 ****************************************************************************************

This child/pre-teen has boundless energy.  His newest passion is fishing.
I love this process of "growing up".  I love watching to see what his passions are...how they have developed over the years and what comes and goes.  I have a feeling this is one he will carry through with him his whole life.  What a blessing it is to witness...

 ****************************************************************************************

The last of the Valentine Day roses...
Isn't it beautiful?
It looks like soft velvet in intricate folds.


So, what have you been up to?
Have a blessed Monday...and Happy President's Day!! 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

My oldest(8) got the Little House series for Christmas and I was so excited! Id been wanting to read them with both of the girls but wasnt about to plunk the $$$ down for a new set and Id been stalking the thrift stores for months. I had found one single book(which I dont think is there in your stack). Send me your mailing addy and I'll send it your way.
And that "Hey Y'all" sign? Ive had it in my Etsy shopping cart for over a month. I want it in the worst way for our master bathrm reno we just completed:)
Have a lovely day. We're off from school so we're hitting up a college town to look for thrift scores and second hand bookcases which we desperately need.

CaroleM said...

Good morning! Great score on the Little House books. That's the thing about thrift shops, isn't it? Patience often pays off. Fishing - fun! Not much going on here. Have a wonderful day!

Tara said...

Looks like lots of great things going on around your place.
Sometimes it hard making changes, but if God is in control...you will be fine.
Hugs,
TARA

Anonymous said...

We LOVE the Little House books and have been to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Pageant several times in DeSmet, SD. So fun. We love Ed Emberley, too! AND children's passions! Thanks for sharing your "randomness." :-)

Creatively Content said...

Chrissie, Well I am almost two weeks in on the no sugar etc... it really is going well. Grace to you. I too find that caffeine and sugar effect my attitude. Desiring to be faithful. ~ Much care to you and all the changes in your heart and home.

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Sugar...I brought the book home from my classroom today and its Little Town on the Prairie, which I see you already scored:( I'll keep your addy though in case I find others you dont already have.
Have a great night!

Chris said...

Hi Chrissie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Val said...

I don't suppose you will find this comment Chrissie until April, but I want you to know that I too love Little House books, I read them all through to Almanzo's story to my boys - chapter by chapter, when they were young ..... and I read them all again to myself last year, though my books are falling apart.
I will just add that I was born as the war ended!
You have inspired me to think about this season for myself, may you be blessed each day ..... I hope we meet up in April and that you may then call in at sunshineattic
Val xx Berkshire UK